The office consults clients in trade secret protection and represents in disputes related to trade secrets. In Latvia a trade secret can be protected if the following requirements are met:
- there is an object of economic, technical or scientific nature or information in writing or not;
- it is contained in the undertaking of the merchant or is directly related thereto;
- it is not generally accessible to third parties;
- it is of an actual or potential financial or non-financial value;
- its coming at the disposal of another person may cause losses to the merchant;
- in relation to which the merchant has taken reasonable measures corresponding to a specific situation to preserve secrecy.
We draft trade secret use guidelines, agreements, and, if necessary, we cooperate with information protection specialist.